I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Ruby Tuesday

Cricut Sweet Treats Cartridge Cupcake Swiss Dots Embossing
Happy Tuesday! Over at Die Cuttin' Diva's a new challenge started today - "Ruby Red".  And although I don't use Red very often, I did enjoy making this card.  I found some fun patterned paper in my stash that I thought would work great.  It is from a 6x6 Colorbok (Wal-Mart) paper pack, so it's a bit thinner but I put it on a heavier mat and it worked out great.  The layout is courtesy of Mojo Monday, so this will be entered in their weekly challenge as well.  I embossed the brown mat with Paper Studio's Quatrefoil folder, the cream mat was embossed with Swiss Dots.  The red mat is a shiny ruby red, but the camera doesn't capture it too well.  The last challenge I am entering this into is Use It Tuesday's Birthday challenge.  I cut the cute cupcake from Sweet Treats and embossed the cake with Divine Swirls.  I also used foam tape to pop the image up a bit.  Part of Use It Tuesday's challenge is to use hoarded crafting supplies, and I have to say I have had these two red buttons for over 2 years!  So today, I am using them - finally!  Hopefully you can join in on one of these three fun challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Love this cute card. The buttons are great. lad you could play with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is a really nice card, the colors are so nice and the embossing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card, that patterned paper is darling! Thanks for sharing at DCD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, great embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little cupcake! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete