I am attempting to maintain a blog filled with random bits from my life and family as well as my adventures in crafting.

Monday, July 29, 2013

FCCB Challenge #171 - Shape Card

 
OH MY GOODNESS! This card drove me CRAZY!!! What a challenge it was for me, but I am so glad that I stuck with it and finished it. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited that FCCB has this challenge to create a shape card, I had never done one before, so I am happy that I finally did, but WOW! What a learning experience it was for me. I used Wrap It Up for the fun school house card, Designer's Calendar for the "Back 2 School" phrase, and Simply Charmed for the paper and pencil. The pattern paper all comes from the DCWV Grade School pack. I did some free hand cutting on the inside mats and tried faux stitching for the first time ever. My video goes into more detail of how this all came together. Honestly, I am not in love with this card, but it works. When I showed it to my husband he said, "What happened?" Mainly because this card is so far from my regular style. But that's okay, it is always good to step outside of your comfort zone, figure things out, experiment and learn - trial and error, right? My 4 year old son is excited to give this to his preschool teacher next month and that's what matters. I hope you will join us this week over at FCCB for our Shape Card challenge, I am excited to see your projects and anxious to learn more of the secrets behind the shape card feature!!!  I will also be entering this card in CardzTV challenge they have going on this week.
 
Wrap It Up, Designer's Calendar, Simply Charmed, Cricut

Wrap It Up, Designer's Calendar, Simply Charmed, Cricut

15 comments:

  1. Now that you figured out how to do them, the next one will be a breeze! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stuck with it it is so so cute. I hate how when welding you do not always get it right...ahhh. Ro is right now you will ease on down the road no problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute school house, perfect for the challenge, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! So perfect for this time of year. Love the way you decorated the inside. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ridiculously adorable! Love how this turned out :) So cute! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea on the shape card. Love it <3

    dt member Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming from a teacher.....you've gotta just love a school shaped card!!! ;) This is darling, and I love the papers you used on it!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this looks fantastic! Great first shaped card!! The stitching looks great and I just love how you decorated the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is perfect !! Great idea for all the amazing teachers !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out super cute!! Love it!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie FCCB Dt sis
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! I love this card. The detail is incredible and also super fun. Can you believe school is almost here? Wonderful job!
    jilliene designing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love your school shaped card so darn cute and now I am a follower. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that background apple paper couldn't be any more perfect for this project. Love it...thanks for joining the CTVS challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, cute card and I love your paper choice.

    Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design team.

    Mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great schoolhouse and I love how it's decked out on the inside and out. Awesome job.

    Thanks for joining us at CTVS.

    ReplyDelete